- Belmont Park – Nothing gets your heart pumping like a thrilling horse race. Beat the odds at this world-renowned race track. This 430-acre park is located in Elmont. Cheer on your favorite horse as he rounds the last turn. Be sure to don your best apparel, since elegant attire is a long-standing tradition. After the race, spend your winnings at the Garden Terrace Restaurant.
- Boomers! – Tired of the beach? Kids getting restless? Head over to Medford and Boomers! This amusement park features bumper boats, go karts, a rock wall and more. Putt your way through an 18-hole miniature golf course. Get dizzy in a spinning tea cup ride. Hit one out of the park in the batting cages.
- Comedy Clubs – Many famous comedians got their starts in Long Island comedy clubs, including Rosie O’Donnell. Check out the talent at one of many area comedy clubs, and laugh yourself silly with friends.
- Long Island Wine Country – Despite the island’s diminutive size, there is an abundance of wineries for guests to visit. The region’s first vineyard opened in 1973. Since then, the vineyards have grown to more than 60, spanning 3,000 acres. Take your pick from more than 35 wineries open to the public. Sample from 21 varietals. Discern the nuances between grapes with a tasting class. Test out your fantasy and attend a winemaker’s camp.
- New York City – Just a short trip from Long Island, New York City is the center of the universe. Often known as “The City that Never Sleeps”, New York City offers countless entertainment and nightlife options. Attend the premiere of a Broadway play. Gain admittance to the hottest nightclub in town. Meet friends for a midnight meal. Ring in the New Year in Times Square.
- The Airport Playhouse – This non-profit theatre is committed to nurturing professional actors. Holding workshops and productions throughout the year, the playhouse is open to children and adults alike. Audition for an upcoming play. Attend one of their popular dinner theatres. Pick up tips at an acting workshop.
- Jones Beach Theatre – This state-of-the-art theatre was originally constructed in 1952. Today, it seats 15,200. Attend a concert at this amphitheatre featuring tried and true favorites like Jimmy Buffett and Willie Nelson as well as today’s hottest acts. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean from this vantage point.
Make a Reservation